I love cloaks. I'm not sure why, but I think they're beautiful.
As such, I decided to make one!
After doing some scouring online for a decent pattern, I settled on this one. It was a free download from Ravelry, and was just what I was looking for. I didn't use the Homespun yarn (which the pattern called for) because I detest that yarn. Instead I used some Lion Brand Jiffy yarn from my stash, because it was similar to Homespun, but not so frustrating.
I ended up buying six more skeins (I think), in order to finish the cloak. I'm not sure what I had in my stash to begin with, but I feel safe in assuming it was at least two. So all in all, I'm figuring it took around eight for the entire thing.
I used some black acrylic from my stash to do a row on the bottom as well as the trim.
I made it shorter than the original, and I left off the armholes (because of it being shorter). It is surprisingly light, and super warm. I love it to pieces!!
I don't have many decent pictures of it, but here's a couple I do have!
I'm hoping to eventually get some better pictures of it, so maybe when I do I'll post those too!